Sunday, January 31, 2010
I created this white on white. I struggled with the different embossing - but after I stepped away from the card for a bit and came back - I decided on this form.
I am entering this into a few challenges.
I put no sentiment - as I can use this for a few occasions - like shower, sympathy, or wedding, or just thinking of you - which will probably be the way I go.
1) Charisma Cardz challenge #4 - white on white]
2) Frosted Designs - embossing (I used two diff Cuttlebug folders) (Click the pick to see the two layers)
3) Quixotic - use a butterfly on our project - I used the Stampin Up Butterfly punch which I stamped an embossed with white embossing power (same as the oval)
4) Create4Fun challenge # 5 I used their layout
I also used Martha Stewart border punch and the stamp "script" is from Inkadinkado
Card stock - whisper white from Stampin' Up. White pearls from Michael's
Saturday, January 30, 2010
You know when you have a vision of how you want a card to come out - but it changes along the way. This is close to what I wanted to occur with this creation.
The puzzle pieces were cut from Locker Talk Cricut cartridge at 3". I then Stamped the hummingbird/birdbath image (Inkadinkado) using brown StazOn ink. It covered fabulously!
I glued down all but the upper corner piece which I tilted and raised on a foam square.
The ribbon, flowers, border and rhinestones are all from Stampin' Up.
I am entering this card in these challenges
1) Cuttlebug Challenge Vintage Valentine
2) Tuesday Taggers - in which we had to use a puzzle piece (I used all 9)
3) The Pink Elephant - we had to use polka dots, a bow and the color pink
4) Die Cuts R Us - use ribbon
5) Doodle Palace - something new - the stamp image and all the SU products were new - I got today
I think this will go to my MIL.
I made this card for my Brother-in-law who loves elephants.
His birthday is in a week so these challenges helped me get this done and in the mail today.
This card that resulted from these challenges:
1) One stop challenge #65– make it personable (elephant for my BIL from Cricut Zoo Balloo at 3")
2) At Colour create #37 we had to use pink blue white silver
3) Paper Cutz #26 Masculine card w/pink
4) and at Get Sketchy #23 – use their layout to pull it all together
5) Frosted Designs – emboss something – I embossed the back ground with the Cuttlebug folder.
The sentiment is from Stupendous and I used the Stampin up label punch as well
Here is a Christmas card using the layout from Winter Wonderland and the idea from ABC Christmas Challenge blogs
Sentiment "to from" is from Stampin Up, the border lace punch is from Martha Stewart and the candy is from Very Merry Tags from Cricut.
There is some Martha Stewart glitter - it is hard to see.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Yes - I know I am a little early, but I was looking for a farm animal stamp to make a card for Paper Cutz Challenge
We could use traditional or digi, so I looked through by draws of rubber stamps and came across this cute Studio G bunny stamp
Mounted it on swirl pattern paper and onto a Herringbone Cuttlebug Embossing folder.
Added ribbon and rhinestones. Too cute!
Created this card for two challenges, one at Just Buggin #21 Monochromatic challenge, and a new blog I started following today. Bah! Humbug! - we had to use glitter. Oh the messy stuff! Which I have a ton of glitter but try not to use it. LOL
Trees cut at 3" from Doodle Charm Cricut cartridge, the base card was run through the new HSN - Cuttlebug Flurries folder, the glitter - ultra fine from Provo Craft
I love how this card came out - The image was a free digi at Sew many cards
This card was a multi creation by following these blog challenges
1) Crafty Catz Challenge 16 - love
2) Charisma Cardz challenge 3 was to use fruity colors (that's why I love this card - the colors are cheerful)
3) One Stop Craft Challenge #64 love & kisses (in my case "hugs")
and what helped me tie it all together was 4) the wonderful sketch GS #22 at Get Sketchy
Created this card - yes I have started a weekly Christmas card creation - as I did last year to get my stash ready for December 1st when I mail out - about 40 Christmas cards.
Challenges helped me to create them weekly so BBtB this week wanted us to use the Snowman from Doodle Charms Cricut cart- one of my fav carts! I cut him at 3", the layout I used to complete this card is from DCRU
Martha Stewart felt snow flake morder and also the snowflake punches inside the card.
Rhinestone from Studio 18
Butterfly punch from Emagination
Sentiment by Inkadinkado
Background for base cardstock is the new snowflake Cuttlebug folder only released to HSN in the 5 x 7 size.
There is a request from Amber's mom to send her cards - she has a fb page and all.
Here is where you can send a card and watch the video of this brave little girl called Amber Dougherty
As a member of the Cricut Card Fairy - this is our 500 mission.
I created this card with the help of 4 challenges
1) Winter Wonderland - Burgundy and Teal
2) Frosted Designs - use chipboard on our item -The flowers were used and added glitter to them (the picture is not so hot)
3) All Sorts Week 35 - use Hearts and Flowers - the hearts are punches and the flowers are CK chipboard
4) Create4Fun layout for week 4 #26 assisted me tie it all together.
The back ground - base card was run through the Swiss dots Cuttlebug Folder. I used a wonderful new border punch on the burgendy piece by Martha Stewart
I made this card for a Cricut Fairy Mission for a little girl with a form of childhood cancer. I am a member of the Cricut Card Fairy - so I am dedicating most of my cards today - to create and mail them to the current missions.
To help me create this card I used 4 challenges
1) Cuttlebug Spot - use the #10 (my 10 wishes - butterflies) 10 cut at 3/4" from A Child's Year cartridge. Butterflies were punched using Martha Stewart punch. The back ground of the card is a Cuttlebug numbers folder.
2) Daring cardmaker to use points - the points is the Marta Stewart star border punch
3) Colour Create Challenge #36 was to use the colors - Kraft, Blue and White
4) And to tie it all together - I use the sketch from The Pink Elephant
Monday, January 18, 2010
I wanted to continue making some of these CD hangings for other holidays. (See my Christmas items here)
I ran the red CS through the hearts Cuttlebug embossing folder and glued that to the CD.
Punch a hole with my Crop-a-Dile and thread some SU sheer ribbon.
Using Indie Art - Cricut Cartridge I cut the heart at 2 1/4" and raised it on foam squares.
Added bling to the heart from Studio18
The letters LOVE was cut from Cricut cartridge A Child's Year at 3/4"
More bling added to accent the words.
I am entering this in a few challenges 1) at Pollycraft Monday Fire and Ice challenge #32 and 2) for Anything Valentines 3) Glue, Scissors, Paper -going green
I plan on making about 3-5 of these
I made the bird house from a heart punch from Stampin' Up. I used my 1/8" whole punch and punched all around the heart. I then embossed it with the Cuttlebug Victoria Embossing folder. I used a circle punch for the bird hole.
The background embossing is from an embossing folder from Quickutz that I bought from DCRU. The grass is a new Martha Stewart punch that I just bought yesterday at Michael's.
This is a 3 panel card, the inner panel is a stamped bird and inside sentiment is from Stampendous.
I am entering this in the CharismaCardz challenge - anything new - that's my MS punch
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Here is a card for my nephew birthday next month I used the LO from Get Sketchy #21 challenge
The cute robot image is from a swap so I am not sure who makes it. If you know - leave me a comment so I can update my post.
Martha Stewart border punch used to accent the image.
Eyelets to tie in the robot theme
This also goes along with a challenge at CraftyCatz blog.
Even though I missed the A challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge blog I still wanted to get in the mode of creating a Christmas Card every week.
The angel is cut from A Joy of The Season Cricut cart, I colored with my markers, added glitter to the wings, and inked the edges with a brown ink pad.
The background is the music folder by Cuttlebug, also inked.
The Music sheet is a printed Google image that I tea stained with Adirondack ink. I crumpled the paper to look old and put the angle on foam squares to raise it up some.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
At the ABC Christmas Blog.
I ran out of time for the "A for Angels" but I will still post it here later this weekend.
Hey folks join in! It'll help you get your Christmas cards done.
So - here is my B for Bells. I cut the bell from Joy of The Seasons Cricut Cartridge. Ran the bell through the Cuttlebug new folder. The sentiment is from StudioG Ribbon is from Stampin' Up
Created this card for two challenge:
1) Allsorts week 35 - we had to use Brown and Pink - love this color combo
2) One Stop Craft - we had to use fancy edge and corners
I used an embossing folder and sanded it for my fancy edge
I hand cut the heart to highlight the 14 on this Valentines Day card
Can I tell you - I love this LO they gave us this week to use at Create4fun for this little Valentine's Card
Martha Stewart punch on white card stock for the long accent. Image is from Stampendous
Inside stamp is from a wooden Studio G stamp I picked up last I think
I am also entering this card into the pet valentine card (bird) at Doodle Palace
I stamped the cute Stampendous image on red craft foam - yes! You read right - ti is red craft foam. The Stayzon ink is perfect on foam.
The pocket is made by a strip of white card stock punch with a Martha Stewart punch. Adhesive on the sides create the pocket for the sentiment. (Studio G stamp) I used a Stampin Up punch for the pull tab and added some pearls for accent.
Inside Sentiment is a clear Studio image.