Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dollar Store centerpiece

Dollar Tree Globe
Dollar Tree tea lights
Paint, Glitter, and gold Doilies from Micheal's.

My daughter was in a wedding last month and I created a sample for her as she had to make 9 globe type centerpieces. She told me what she wanted to do and this is what the intent was.

  1. Masked off a line with painters tape and painted 4 layers of gold paint on the bottom third of the globe.
  2. Painted a thin band at the top and added a layer of gold glitter over the paint line before it dried
  3. added sand (not in this picture) and then a tea light
  4. Placed the globe on a gold doilie
The 9 other globes had a variation of glitter sections and paint in different sections and they all looked fabulous and were traveled well to VT.

Right now I have this "sample / prototype" filled with life savers until perhaps Christmas time whee I'll put little string lights and foliage in there. I'll add to this post when I change up the insides.



No comments: