Monday, May 14, 2012

Altered Birdhouse from Michael's

I bought a couple of these at Michael's with the intent of decorating and giving to my mother in law. I thought she could put it on her sun porch.
I started out by mixing tthe two colors of acrylic paint to get a green bluish shade. Painted all areas that I thought would be exposed.
Then proceded to make templates of the roof, back, side and bottom pieces. I cut them out of My Minds Eye Bella Bella stack of scrapbooking paper and adhered them to the sides (except the front was just painted) with AC Moore craft glue.
To add to the antique look or aged look, I dabbed my finger in the painted and did a wiping effect to the edges. You can see it in the video.
After all was dried I used twine as vines and hot glued on the prima paper flowers.

Look forward to making the second one in different colors.

No comments: