Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wine bottle bag

My friend Terry gave me some fabric and I immediatley created this wine bag to go with a bottle of Barefoot Wine I bought for a 50th birthday party I went to on Saturday.

I cut the fabric at 18 inches long by 16 1/2" wide.
Sewed the long sides wrong sides together to make a long tube with a 1/4" seam allowance.
Stitched the bottom (short side) to close up the bottom and did the corner triangle stitching to give the bag a gusset to square off the bottom.

Place the top open end of the bag into the arm portion of my sewing machine and finished with a 1/4" hem. To tie the bottle bag closed I had a scrap piece of the salvage hem of the remnant fabric that I had cut off initially with my Pinking sheers. Perfect! wrapped it around and tied a bow.

No comments: