Monday, June 18, 2012

4 step card note card

I was inspired by a card on Pinterest where a circle was the template, here I used a butterfly where I sponged just inside the template and stamped the image on top.
I punch the bottom to give it a fabulous edge where the original post on Pinterest did not. I then added a 3/4" x 4 1/4" strip of matching textured card stock.
All items from Stampin' Up.

I'm making a set of 4 as a note card gift set. You can see the set and the holder.
Step one - hold template against base card, and sponge ink around the inner portions of the edged stencil.
Step two - remove stencil and stamp image over sponged shape
Step three - using a border punch, punch the bottom of the card front
Step four - cut a coordinating piece of card stock at 3/4" x 4 1/4" and glue to inside of card so the border peeked the color through when card is closed for mailing.

Hope you give it a try!

Thanks and please leave comments so I may visit your blog or pinterest wall.

No comments: