Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mini Album from paper tubes



I saw this idea on a blog (paperjewels), while blog hopping Friday night. My sister and I just had a birthday (yes, I am a twin) and coincidentally she just gave me a bag of paper towel/toilet paper tubes figuring I could use them for something. Little did she know - I just found the idea and she was getting this surprise mini album.

So I made a mini album using 4 of the tubes, covering them in 6 x 6 in pattern paper. (My Minds Eye)
Used my Crop-a-dile to add large eyelets. Tied multiple strings to binder rings.
Tags cut (Pocket full of Posies - DCWV) and inserted in the opening of each flattened out tube. Also eyelets and ribbon used to the tags. Corner rounder used on the tags.
Cricut Wild card cartridge used for the font.
Martha Stewart butterfly punch also used on the cover.
Faux stitches and paper piercing used
Tied it all together with this fabulous yellow ribbon using two ribbon brads.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Great use of paper tubes and a beautiful album. I guess I need to start saving my tubes!