Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Keepsake Ornament

Every year I try and take a picture of my children and make a personalized ornament. A Keepsake for years to come.

At Thanksgiving I took a picture of our children and when I had it printed - it was perfect for me cut it into separate images.

I had to think of a way to get the images into a ornament. I used a few Spellbinders dies and they fit perfectly.They are older this year and wanted to make one a little bit more formal.

I took some wired ribbon I picked up at Ocean State Job log, bent it over a skewer (I had to sand and whittle the ends to a point) added these gold beads to the ends and then tied on some sparkle yarn I picked up at a local yarn shop.
I think this version would also make a great ornament for someone who just got married or even a package tie.

The back is dated on a snowflake punch from MS.

No comments: