Sunday, February 13, 2011

Class Project with Elsa

I was excited to attend Elsa's Ustream class last night where we made a min album with a technique she create by taking a 12 x 12 piece of double sided card stock and a few scores with the Martha Stewart scoreboard some folding, a cut here and there - and you create a fabulous flip page for a mini!! We did two last night together and I did one right after.

I proceeded to make my cover after class which I cut from chipboard and covered it as well. I cut my cover pieces at 6 1/2 x 4 1/4". I think Elsa is doing a class in a couple weeks on how to bind it and make the tags. But I went ahead and used my Cinch last night to bind it and will make the tags later.

I have not completed my inner embellishments or the closure - but I think the beauty of the K&Company paper is gorgeous and wanted to show you and Elsa!

This is the cover - that bird is like a suede actually in the card stock! I chose that portion of the 12 x 12 sheet and I think it looks great. I added a border of card stock using a MS punch. Made a medallion from a left over piece of a calendar. Added rhinestones to set of the cover.

Here are the inner pages: (I should try and video with my new Flip I got for Christmas) Sorry this is picture heavy - It has 3 pages (6 sides)and lots of flip up and pockets.

Here is the back paper - so fabulous from K&Company!
When I complete it - I'll show it again!

Thanks for looking and please check out Elsa's blog she is so sweet and her classes are wonderful. Hers it top rate! She explains and actually gives you the measurements and waits for all to catch up!!

4 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

This is beautiful!! Love the papers and the colors!! Awesome!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, wow, Sheryl!!! This is fabulous. And I love that paper!

JustaFewDesigns said...

Oh girl!!! I love LOVE the papers you used! Love the colors! It looks so nicely binded too, I appreciate you attending my class and thanks for the kind words!!!
Cant wait to see it complete with embellishments!! That is always the hardest part of the process for me, embellishing!
Once again...GREAT JOB!
HUGS AND LOVE
Elsa

Audrey Frelx said...

I don't know if my previous post comment went through Sheryl. If it didn't, I want you to know this is just fabulous, and the papers you used are gorgeous!!!

Love it!