Monday, April 18, 2011

Mini home made album


Hi all,
I watched Elsa Ustream class on replay and she made a cute little 4 x 4 mini album from a Splenda box and mini paper bags. Since my son finished off a large Pop Tart box - I used that as the cover/spine/back starting piece. (great re-purpose idea!) (Now I am looking at more boxes to save and make minis!!)

Here is a left side page element - I used the Stampin' Up petal punch and when you fold it a certain way it makes a heart pocket!
I had to make my own pages (as I did not have paper bags as Elsa used or perhaps envelopes) for the size of my album. I took a 12 x 9 3/4" piece of card stock - scored it at 4 3/4 and 9 1/2 to make the pages. The 1/4" tab has glued applied - I then folded it in half at the 6" point and there you go - I get the two pages, with two pockets as needed.
I copied her binding technique - but changed up the closure a little bit.
I punch a hole in the back cover and double thread the ribbon and then ties an office binder clip. (sorry I do not have a close up pic)

Here is the binding and the charms I made using Tom Holtz fragments. I added pearl beads and the clear facet beads to the dangled ribbon for a bit of fun!
The card stock is from American Crafts "a la carte" selections
Pocket with tag.

This is a shower gift form my nephew's fiance.
My next post has the you tube video - my first!

1 comment:

Rhonda Emery said...

great job on this really pretty.