Wednesday, May 15, 2013

DPhiE Scrabble Necklaces

This is my second and last gift for my daughter and a couple of her sorority sisters.
I printed the image off of Google Image search and printed it on photo paper.

Cut it out to fit the scrabble tile and put a couple layers of Dimensional Magic. It was my first time using it so I still need to perfect the environment. Waiting a night before proceeding to the bail.

Then glued (E6000) on the flower bail that I bought online at an etsy shop, waiting for an over night hardening.

Strung the brown hemp, added two metal beads on either side of the bail. Added the paw print (to represent the college mascot at Northeastern University; The Husky) charm which I also got from an etsy shop to a split ring (that was hard as the split ring is so tight and small).

Tied the necklaces using a sliding knot. Hope they like! Oh, by the way I used their initial from the scrabble tile to distinguish whose is whose, however the flower bail took up half of the letter... oh well.

No comments: