Tuesday, May 14, 2013

SU Bottlecap keychain

I made this for my Stampin' Up friend Judi.
She sells SU and is moving to Florida and I'll miss her, but look forward to the opportunity to see her there at some point for a visit!

I made this for her, while it is not what I originally intended to do with the bottle cap, I like it just the same.

Sorry if the picture is bury, the glaze/covering over the paper images and accents give off a slight glare.

I used a 1" circle punch to punch out the Stampin Up logo that I took from the back of the spring catalog. To retain the curved sides I kept the shape and just trimmed the top and bottom of the logo because it had bright white paper and I wanted a more printed background.
I used the 1" circle punch again and punched out the circle from Designer Series Paper. Sorry don't know the line as I am not good at remember... I just go for what I like!
Using the embosslits, I punched out the butterfly and the heart also from the same double sided paper, but used the other side!
Glued it all down and placed a 1" clear bubble over the images to preserve and protect. I was going to use a glue but time would not been on my side as I made it before I went to Judi's last class.

I like how it came out and plan on making more with different images and words.
Best of luck Judi!!! I'll miss you - but will see you in FL!

Hope Judi don't kill me - ha ha. Here is a pic when we were at our weekend crop in Maine in 2011. We had fun, with a small group. During one of the days, her and I walked the Marginal Way.

2 comments:

Judi Dugas said...

Love my key chain,Sheryl!! Picture-not so much! LOL! But it's a great picture of you! Thanks so much for my gift and your friendship!
Love ya!!
Judi

- - Sheryl - - said...

Hey Judi, no... I was up late scrapbooking and plus no sleep due to roommate... but look forward to the one in the fall.