Saturday, May 25, 2013

Graduation Invites

I needed to make these quickly and went to work with my Cricut to help me out. Tuesday night I managed to get 10 completed and mailed on Tuesday and Wednesday and I have 10 more to make to give to my son.

I cut the Graduation Caps at 2 inches from the A Child's Year cartridge (raised on foam squares) and the word You're Invited (key #6) from Wild Card at 5". Which is deceiving because it is so small but I lucked out as it fit perfect on the banner!

I have to make more - this time I am cutting the sentiment from vinyl as it will be easier to remove than those darn little pieces from the center and around the words! Stay tune for a "second" look.

Mounted it on a white banner which was cut from a Sizzix (SU! retired) die and onto red cardstock, corner punched with also a retired SU! corner punch, one of my favorite for a more elegant formal look than the traditional square or rounded corners.

No comments: