Sunday, May 30, 2010

happy thoughts


So I took the 30 min card challenge at Maria SPS - and it took me a little bit more than 30 mins (40 mins). Everything but the base card is from my scrap bin!
I used the wax paper technique - on the glossy paper which has the Cuttlebug swirls on it (so sorry hard to see the swirls - click the pics for a better view).

The little piggy is from The Greeting Farm
The white border (again hard to see - poor lighting this morning as it is overcast) is from Martha Stewart.
Strung a little bitty clear acrylic SU button with black DMC floss. This card goes with a few challenge - The Sisterhood of Crafters to try the resist wax technique
Color Theme of black and white and one other color (pink is what I chose) at Allsorts
and to use acrylic Practical Scrappers - it's like adding a secret element!

7 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheryl, that's a cute card! You always do great cards. I could see the swirls a little better when I clicked to enlarge it.

Darlene said...

This is so cute Sheryl! Thanks so much for playing along in our Sisterhood Challenge! Hope you enjoyed using this technique ... I think it's fun! Happy Holiday!

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a cute card! Love the piggie.

Corinna
Practical Scrappers

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable! That piggy is so cute!

Fleur said...

cute card
Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week
Hugz Fleur xXx

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Sheryl this turned out really cute! I love the pink!! oh and of course the piggy. Smiles!

Lisa in Texas said...

Fun card! Love your background! Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers!