Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Medallion accent wooden photo holder



I made this last night for my SU friend.

I painted the cube first with brown acrylic paint, then glued 2 3/4 x 2 3/4" pattern SU paper. To seal the paper to the cube I Mod Podge over all 6 sides. On the wire I added some SU beads from an old "Pretties Kit". For the center accent I cut the band papers at 3/4" and 1/2". Glued them together and attached. The medallion was originally cut at 1" and scored with my Martha Stewart score board at every 1/4" and then glued into a circle added a silk flower also from the kit and hot glued it to the front.


My friend can use this to display her cards for an upcoming class.
Entering this in at Scrappy Frog - anything goes challenge and
at the newly created Decorate to Celebrate

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Sheryl,
This is so cute
Hugs
Stacy

Rhonda Emery said...

really ute sheryl thank you for sharing it with everyone.

Aim said...

How awesome would these be to show off photos at a wedding or graduation party!! Great idea -- love the flower!! :)

Thanks so much for linking up at Decorate To Celebrate!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Jessica Buffa said...

Hi Sheryl, happy to be a new follower from over at DTC blog. Beautiful medallion box. You should check out the Sweet Stamps challenge this week, too.
Smilez,
Jessica

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

very pretty, i am a new follower!
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute!!
I came from DTC blog. TFS!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Vivi Martínez said...

Great project! I like the idea for party table numbers...
I came here from DTC.
Vivi