Saturday, May 14, 2011

Yard sale bottle into a crafty creation


I bought 5 of these (different styles) at a yard sale for 50 cents a piece. I knew I wanted to add beads to them - or maybe alcohol inks and glitter.

Well - for my first one - I tied wire to the top of it - added a charm here and there, inked and placed a couple rub-ons right on the glass.

I glued various beads in place to the wire that winds around the bottle.

It was experimental - and have other ideas for the remaining 4. For now it stands empty - but I would like to fill it with colored sand or colored beads or mini marbles... hmmmm still thinking

Entering this at Decorate to Celebrate this is a new web site - go on over and subscribe and aenter a project!!!!

6 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

so pretty. I too like yard sales
you have surely made this so pretty. thanks for entering it on our new blog , this is a great projet

Darlene said...

How clever & creative are these bottles ... great idea ... and great value too!! Way to go!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood for our 'Let It Shine' Challenge. I look forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations in future challenges!

Darlene
One of the 'Sistahs'

Aim said...

Wonderful project and a GREAT idea!! Thanks so much for linking up at Decorate To Celebrate!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Audrey Frelx said...

It looks adorable! I love, love yard sale finds!

Jessica Buffa said...

Super bargain turned into a super treasure. fabulous touches that you added!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

so cool, i love yardsales you never know what great things you are going to find, one man's junk is another one's treasure!!
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com