Monday, April 19, 2010

Season's Greetings


I recently bought this Sizzix die (snowflake) in the clearance area at Jo-Ann's for 3 dollars!
As I was cutting the package - I saved it and was able to cut two clear snowflakes, one in which I used here on this card and added some Martha Stewart glitter.
I use the layout from Lili of The Valley and the idea from Winter Wonderland blog to emboss, which I did with the base cs with the Cuttlebug D'vine swirls folder and sanded it to give it texture.
Close up of the re-cycled plastic packaging item (for the challenge at Cuttlebug Challenges) and of the embossing:

5 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

A very clever embossed combo, love the effect and the recycling. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week for our extended challenge and hope we will see you for next weeks excitement
Hugs Kate xx

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Sheryl. Your card is so pretty!

Danielle said...

Sheryl, this is such a beautiful card and I love the embossing on it! The snowflakes are gorgeous and sponging the negative on the inside is so pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland!
Hugs, Danielle

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card and wat abragin. Wish we had Jo-Anns here. I love to visit when on hol in the US. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday. Marianne x

CraftyC said...

A lovely card Sheryl. Thanks for taking part in the LOTC Challenge!
Clairex