Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tutorial for Tunnel Card

Hello all. Mary asked me to do a tutorial on my Tunnel Card. I am sorry to not do a video (all I have is my video on my little digital camera and not sure if the quality will be good).

You will need two pieces of card stock the same size in Coordinating colors.
Example: My card stock is 5" x 7" so I have two pieces. A and B.

I took the cover piece (A) (5" x 7") folded in half the traditional way (I'll decorate the outside later) - meaning you would scored at 3 1/2" and in a valley folded position. Set aside.

The next card stock (B) (5" x 7") is the inside piece. Fold it in 1/2. Mountain fold this piece on the 3 1/2" score line.
Next then score it at 1 3/4" next to the middle score line. Fold so it looks like a W. All 4 panels are equal.
Stamp or add an image or decorative paper if you like to piece A. I stamped it.

Take Piece B and cut an aperture in the middle. I used my Coluzzle. But you could use a stencil or a Spellbinders die. When you are done decorating glue the ends to piece A.

Your can decorate this pop out section as you like. I added border strips to the sides.
I punched a small hole at the top and added embroidery floss and a stamped guitar. (In my card in the post below - I hung a butterfly) (I have also done charms)

I hope these are easy instructions as the cards are easy and quick to make. please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

1 comment:

Georgiana said...

That is pretty cool. I will have to try that one since I haven't before.

Thanks for sharing it.
Georgiana
http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/