Sunday, October 3, 2010

Haunted House from Michaels


When I went to Michaels this morning - I had a wreath in mind to make - but when I saw this Haunted House and a coffin - I knew I was deemed to make them.
For now - I made the haunted house.

The house, paper, and decorating elements all came from my trip to M's with a lot left over.

I first painted the grass on the bottom, then the fence (this is difficult and takes some time to get all the rungs and sides coated in black. Then I painted the front and back of the houses (orange and purple).
Using the new Recollections Halloween 8 x 8 pack of cs I bought today - I measured each panel of the house and roof and chimney and glued them on With my Scott's quick dry glue.

Next I sponged some antique white paint here and the on the fence and houses.
Added the dimensional stickers and I think it came out cute.
Total time probably 3 - 3 1/2 hours.
I want to put a light in it but need to drill a hole in the back or bottom. hmmmm.

Next I still have to make the coffin... this one will be fun as it opens on a hinge so I have some thinking to do... I have a couple ideas.. but they will have to wait.

10 comments:

Tanya said...

Love it!

Crystal said...

WOW! Good job!

Audrey Frelx said...

Awesome, Sheryl!

Melissa said...

I saw those at M's today when we went in for some paper. You did a great job on the house Sheryl!

Marlene said...

What a great project!

Thank you so much for hopping by my blog during "The Little Hop of Horrors" Halloween Blog Hop this weekend. Very much appreciated!

Stacy said...

Sheryl,
Can ya get any more talented? I love this project
Stacy

Sammye Jo said...

SO cute!!!!!!!! Love it!

Judy said...

Wow! Sheryl, you made these look so cute. I like how you painted them and all.

Jewels said...

Sheryl,
Those are fantastic! What a transformation!
Jewels

Rhonda Emery said...

those are awesome I might try to make some out of boxes. great job.