Friday, October 22, 2010

Thank you fall card



My friend and I had a lovely lunch today and she treated so I came right home and made her this card.

The front base is embossed using a Sizzix TH embossing folder. I inked with ColorBox Burnt Sienna. Followed the sketch at Card Patterns and added the zig zag ribbon to go along with the Alphabet Challenge blog.
At Crafty Creations they wanted to see red brown and green and For Fun Challenge also wanted to see red brown and cream which certainly went with the Fall Challenge at Crazy4Challenge. I tied it all together with the All Sorts Bingo game challenge and the genre of Thank you and other challenge aspects (embossing, metal, Cricut cut (my rectangles from Wild Card and anything else) can be found at Paper Craft Star.
The twig/leave stamp was stamped in versamark and I used my new Perfect Pearls I got at Die Cuts R Us. I had to buy the Mini Misters today and tried my hand at the new technique - love it!
Added pearls I also got from DCRU.
Oh the stamps and sentiment are from a retired SU set.

16 comments:

Carley said...

Beautiful fall card!

Audrey Frelx said...

What a pretty card! She'll really love it!

Tracy said...

Great job on this weeks challenge Sheryl! I always overlook rick rack when I'm crafting. Thanks for the reminder of what a cute embellishment it can be. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

sucor said...

What a pretty card; I love the shimmer!

~* steph :) *~ said...

great card! thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week! *hugs* steph :)

shaz earl said...

great card Sheryl love the zig zags thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge xx

Agata said...

Lovely colors and fun details! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely. I’m so glad you joined the For Fun Challenge this week.
Amelia x

Regan said...

What a fun card! I like your use of the fall colors and the fun way you used the ricrac trim. Thank you for playing with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Regan

Pauline said...

What a lovely and bold card! The ricrac looks great (I love using it!) Thank you for joining us at For Fun this week!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Beautiful fall colors!! What a wonderful layout too- thanks for playing at Crafty Creations this week!
Melissa

CraftinGranny said...

Very pretty fall card and so clean and simple. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week. "Hugs" Carol

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card and I love that sentiment. Your friend is going to love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at For Fun challenges!

Joni Parker said...

Soooo very pretty!! Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge!!

Kym Weber said...

Such a pretty card! Love the zig zag trim added to your card! Wonderful job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges! Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge!

~Hugs~Kym

Lindsey said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x