Sunday, October 24, 2010
Directions for treat bag
I learned the basic directions on a blog a few weeks bag, I can't find where it was.. when I do - i'll post the source for the bag using a whole sheet of 8 1/2 x 11" cs.
But this one here is one I had a scrap piece of black cs and changed the measurements to fit!
Here they are:
1) start with a 8 1/2" x 9" piece of card stock.
Score the short side at 2" and 7"
2) Turn and score the long side at 1 1/2", 2 1/2", 1 1/2" 2 1/2" and 1"(that equals 9" of the long length) See pic above where I punched the border punch.
3) remove most of the bottom section leaving one of the 2 1/2" section border punched which is your flap. Have the remaining punch piece section for another project!
4) Remove upper right corner only and clip all remaining flaps this is your bottom.
5) add glue to where I have noted. In fact you can write on it - or put an X so you do not glue the wrong sections.
6) Assembled the side (1" to the 1 1/2" sides) to form a square tube
7) Assemble the bottom as with any box.
Decorate the front and use your crop-dial or whole punch to punch two holes to run string or ribbon through.