Thursday, October 7, 2010

BOO CD repurpose wall hanging





To think last December I hand cut out these darn circles by hand and there on Plantin School book was a circle I could have used - I set the size at 4 3/4" and the letters at 3 1/2"
Added some of those cute images I had on my haunted house - love it!

EDIT: once I cut the circles - I glued them with glue stick to the CD, punched a hole with my Crop-A-Dile. Strung them together with black lace ribbon from SU! and some orange ric rac I got at the thrift store.

4 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheryl, that's so funny!!! You were hand cutting them when there were circles already available on Plantin; bet you could have screamed when you discovered that!

I love your hanging; it's so cute for Halloween! At first I thought you'd recycled CD's. BTW, I'm sitting where I can see the one you gave me right now -- smile!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Hi Audrey - thanks! Because I didn't have DS - I didn't know I could get the exact size with my Cricut - oh silly me.

I cut the circles with PS cart and glued them to the CD. So yes - CD are re-used to keep it sturdy. My nephew gave me a box of them to use up!

Echo M said...

This is so great, I have been doing nursery hangings with characters in photo frames for so long, but this is so SO much more cost effective...!

Melissa said...

What a great idea Sheryl! They look fantastic!