Saturday, October 16, 2010

Acorns a plenty


After multiple coats of acrylic paint and drying time - I finished the project.
Vase full of painted acorns - I mimic what Mod Podge blog did. If I was to do it again - or if I have the gumption to continue, I would paint some green ones too and gloss them over.

For now this is it. (the ribbon is from Michael's)
I had some glitter spray by Krylon and did a few while I was waiting.... after making a glitter mess (oh my) on my kitchen floor - this was all I got done.
Entering this in Crazy 4 Challenges create a *Fall/Autumn* card/project

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Another clever idea Sheryl!!! How do you come up with these things? I love them!

LesleyfromWI said...

Love this idea. My hubby and I are going hiking today and I shall be collecting acorns and doing a little painting today! Thanks for the inspiration.

Georgiana said...

This is amazing. I would have never thought to paint acorns, but I sure do love it. This is a great centerpiece.

Georgiana

Unknown said...

These are so cute! You did such a great job!

Tanya said...

Great colors you chose. They turned out good! :) The glittery ones make me think of Christmas!

Mari AKA Momo said...

Such an awesome idea!!! Love how festive they are! XOXO Momo

JustaFewDesigns said...

Hi there girl...
LOVE this idea!! TFS...I am so sorry to hear of your loss, wether recent or not, it's still a devestating blow. Prayer for a cure is on the top of my list.
I will be posting my bears by Monday.
thank you so much for your continued support!!!
hugs
Elsa

Rhonda Emery said...

loving the acorns.