Saturday, October 16, 2010

Acorns a plenty


After multiple coats of acrylic paint and drying time - I finished the project.
Vase full of painted acorns - I mimic what Mod Podge blog did. If I was to do it again - or if I have the gumption to continue, I would paint some green ones too and gloss them over.

For now this is it. (the ribbon is from Michael's)
I had some glitter spray by Krylon and did a few while I was waiting.... after making a glitter mess (oh my) on my kitchen floor - this was all I got done.
Entering this in Crazy 4 Challenges create a *Fall/Autumn* card/project

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Another clever idea Sheryl!!! How do you come up with these things? I love them!

Lesley from WI said...

Love this idea. My hubby and I are going hiking today and I shall be collecting acorns and doing a little painting today! Thanks for the inspiration.

Coachfans said...

This is amazing. I would have never thought to paint acorns, but I sure do love it. This is a great centerpiece.

Georgiana

Mod Podge Amy said...

These are so cute! You did such a great job!

Tanya said...

Great colors you chose. They turned out good! :) The glittery ones make me think of Christmas!

Mari AKA Momo said...

Such an awesome idea!!! Love how festive they are! XOXO Momo

Just a Few Designs said...

Hi there girl...
LOVE this idea!! TFS...I am so sorry to hear of your loss, wether recent or not, it's still a devestating blow. Prayer for a cure is on the top of my list.
I will be posting my bears by Monday.
thank you so much for your continued support!!!
hugs
Elsa

Rhonda Emery said...

loving the acorns.