Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Snow Fun - playing penguins




I had this idea this morning and just had to get up to make it - yes at 6:00 AM!!!
Can you guess what I used for the ice skating rink? The flash on the "ice" may appear darker than what it is. I went "green" and reused an item.

Leave me a comment and if you are the first one to guess it exactly I'll make two of these cards and send them to you. Contest will end on Friday at 6:00 PM EST.

The cute penguins are cut from Zoo Balloo Cricut cartridge at 4" 3" and 2"
The title are stickers and I hand cut the clouds and inked them
The spinner card is one that you cut a 1/4" slot and use pennies and foam adhesive to make your element roll through the slot.
The ice arena I cut using my Coluzzle.

I am entering this into two challenges. Wish me luck!
here are the directions on how to make the spinner.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/spinner_card/

13 comments:

Robin Wade said...

OMGosh How CUTE!! Love that idea!! NO idea what you "re-used", but whaever it is, it works great on your project! :) Thanks for playing along with the Just Buggin' Challenge!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

very cute! I can't guess what you used, but it looks great. thanks for joining us at just buggin this week.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I have no clue what the ice rink is, but its adorable! Love how you added the spinner part in there on the penguin, too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Buggin!

Kandi *JB DT*

JustCrazy4Scrapen said...

Cute, and creative. I'm going to guess, a left over stamp/sticker sheet they come in.

Thanks for joining in on our challenge over at Just Buggin'.

Lisa
JB-DT

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi there, this is really cute. I think it might be the bit card/paper type stuff you get in the top of a box of chocolates, they put it between the chocolate and the lid to keep the chocolates from getting squashed. Dairy Milk by Cadburys in particular...

Best wishes
Karen
Just Buggin

Stacie said...

is it aluminum foil?

Lynne said...

Very cute! Not sure what you used but way too go on "going green" and reusing items! Thanks for playing along with our challenges at Just Buggin' Challenges!!
Lynne JB DT

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Guessing a type of plastic wrap... hmmmm
I love your card, and the spinner penguin is so cute!!

Christine said...

This is so cute!!! I love this whole idea!!! Thanks for joining us at the Just Buggin' challenge.

Blessings,
Christine

Happy Mofe said...

Very cute little guys. I am not sure what you re-used. But whatever it is looks great. Thanks for playing.

Dawn
JB DT

Lori (THCEO) said...

Cute card! I have NO idea what it is!!!!!! :)

DonnaMundinger said...

I'm still scratching my head at this one but it sure is cute. What ever it is it looks great. Maybe the bottom of a frozen dinner tray? Great idea to make it a spinner. xxD

Loz said...

This is cute! I'm just going to guess that you've used some sort of Al foil? Whatever it is it looks great!!
When you get the chance pop on over to my blog here as I have an award I'd like to pass onto you.
Have a great day x