Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...


I made this card for two challenges one at All Sorts week 28 and also for Pollycraft Monday Challenge #29.
At Pollycraft we had to use a portion of a Christmas song, to help me with this I used two Cuttlebug folders - the Allegra (music) folder to emboss the red card stock, and the snowy image is also from the Cuttlebug folder which I cut in three pieces for more effects.
I inked and raides on foam dots, added the Martha Stewart snowflakes with mini brads from Michael's.
The sentiment is computer generated using Microsoft font called Monotype Corsiva at 18pt bolded.

7 comments:

brenda said...

Hello Sheryl

What a very delicate card, I love that CB embossing folder and nice how you have made three panels.

Thank for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week, good luck with the draw.

B x

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Sheryl

Love the embossing and the snowflakes are great...x

Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week Hugs Kirsten...x

Debs said...

Hi Sheryl
Great card - love the embossing and the 3 panels are fab.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Sue said...

such a lovley card,love the simplicity of this :) thanks for joinign us at pollycraft:)

sue
xx

sophiesmama said...

Beautiful card Sheryl! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Mary

Loz said...

Wow Sheryl! I love it! The embossed scene is gorgeous with just the hint of colour. And I really am dreaming of a white Chrritmas.... one day... just have to go to the opposite side of the earth to get it!! Have a great day/night!! x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card

very elegant I love the embossing

thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx