Saturday, September 12, 2009

Discover...

I made this card for three challenges,

1) Cricut MB "Scraps Only" Challenge #9 posted by Peggy at http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/fb.aspx?m=5262021 we had to use blue and brown

2) On Daring Cardmakers Down by the Sea challenge http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/

3) Make a boys card (hmm... if I can find the blog I'll update the link here) I follow quite a few talented blogs - so I will dig for it and edit this post.

The castle was cut and layered 4 times at 2 1/2" from the Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge
The sand and sky were embossed using the Cuttlebug.


The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday stamp and the punch is from Stampin' Up.

5 comments:

Lythan said...

What a neat idea to use the embossing folders like that. And the sandcastle is beyond cute. Thanks for Daring this week!

Lynda said...

Love the textures and the sandcastle - great seaside card!

Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

That's a great idea! Love the sandcastle is fab - thanks so much for sharing it with us - good to hear you enjoyed making it too

librariane said...

That sandcastle looks gritty and so real!

SueH said...

I’m glad to hear that our dare inspired you Sheryl.

Your little sand castle is so sweet and I love the embossing on the sand, it looks just like the ripples that the sea leaves on the sand when the tide goes out.

Sue
x