Saturday, September 26, 2009

BOO - a Banner





I created this banner for my home and my daughter's dorm.
Over at Die Cuts R Us Tuesday's Challenge #8 was to make something for Halloween.
And Over at Practical Scrappers you had to use die cuts - BOY did I - all of it is die cuts - lol - giggle. Check out the Challenge Blog Hop-Saturday and enter!
The letters were cut from Plantin Cricut cartridge at 4" multiple times
Other items all cut from Paper Dolls Dress up at 3" (love this cart!)
The patterned card stock is a new 8 x 8 pack at Michael's - I bought it last night with my 50% coupon. I was able to get 4 of each letter on one piece of card stock! PERFECT as I was making 4 of these banners.

I was asked about the card stock pack I bought at Michael's - here is a pic of the 8 x 8 stack.

16 comments:

Carole Beath said...

So so cute, Sheryl. I made some Christmas banners last year and they are still hanging. ...ha ha ha..
Carole DCRU DT

Anonymous said...

how awesome are you!!!! this banner is way cool- I love it!

:)

sarabeth
dcru

Cara said...

Sheryl, great job on the banner! Love the spooky house die cut. Thanks for joining us this week at DCRU!
Cara DCRU DT

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Sheryl,

This is a very fun project. What a neat idea...you could make a fun banner for so many different occassions too. May have to try one of these myself.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

DonnaMundinger said...

Sheryl this is just adorable! Especially love the finish on the haunted house. Too cute!

kim.mom said...

Great idea! Love how it turned out - I think I'm going to have to try it, too!

Christine Meyer said...

How cute-love that the letters are cut out too! Thanks for joining us again at Practical Scrappers!

~JulieH~ said...

This is fabulous Sheryl ! what a creative idea I love it!
Juliexx

Amber said...

Oh my goodness Sheryl!!!! This is the cutest banner I've ever seen! Every detail is perfect.
Hugs
Amber

Anonymous said...

So glad you shared this with us over at PS! Awesome!

josie said...

very cute! Mind if I scraplift? would like to use it for the nursing home I volunteer at. Thanks for sharing.

- - Sheryl - - said...

Hi Josie,
Please do - they were simple to make.
Took about an hour or so to make 4. (I still have to string the other three).
hugs
Sheryl

Judy said...

Wow! I love it! I want to make one too.

Anonymous said...

Super-cute! Love the idea. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cuttlebug Spot!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

How fun is this! I am absolutely going to do something like this next halloween. They don't much celebrate it here in Italy and I needed a little taste of home on my door. They celebrate Carnevale. Thanks for doing such marvelous work and sharing it!!

Lori1brat said...

What a GREAT Halloween decoration ! I love it !!!! Thanks for stopping by the BBTB2 blog !