Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cheer

Over at Die Cuts R Us this weeks challenge is Negatively Speaking. To use the negative from a die cut. I looked through my pile and foudn a few. For now I settled on a stocking negative piece.
I thought to cut strips of green and white cs and ink them.

I glued them to another piece of cs and started to layer, then I put the negative die on it and cut around to the results you see. Added criss cross to look like faux stitching. This new die cut was placed on an embossed card front using the Cuttlebug Joy & Cheer embossing folder.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Fabulous card, Sheryl! Love the faux stitching, just right for the stocking. Thanks for joining the DCRU DT challenge!!
Cara DCRU DT

Carole Beath said...

What a cute idea and cute card, Sheryl. Thanks for joining us at DCRU.
Carole DCRU DT

1CardCreator said...

Great card Sheryl, and I love the faux stitching! Very clever the way you pieced in the stocking too. Thanks for participating in the DCRU DT challenge! ~Diane DCRU DT